May 26, 2004

Just what the Dr. ordered

i've decided to christen this blog with a soda straw. i mean, what more do you need than a cool frosty beverage on a hot may day?

actually, i needed three so after an agonizing half hour of mentally debating the matter post-lunch, i decided that i had to have more soda. so i stood up very firmly at my desk, made my decision, and got a crisp dollar out of my wallet. now in the 50 plus yards it takes to get from my desk on the second floor to the soda haven in the foyer, i pondered what to get. diet pepsi was no longer an option since the soda nazis took it away, and my usual diet cherry coke didn't seem quite right. as i descended the stairs, i remembered that the machine had diet dr. pepper and nothing seemed quite so perfect as that. i paused at the last step and thought one last time if i should save myself from a caffeine high, and the answer came back a resounding "no."

as i turned at the bottom of the stairs and gazed upon the machine, there sitting at the base of it was an abandoned, unopened diet dr. pepper. the fizzy caffeine gods had smiled their carbonated smiles upon me to ensure that i would not go thirsty or tired.

i looked around, picked it up, checked for signs of explosives or tampering (i've been watching too much Alias) and found it to be in perfect condition, though not so frosty as i would have liked. so i put my dollar in to retrieve a fresh one and happily walked away with my two sodas. unfortunately, i forgot to get my change out of the machine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home