Oct 4, 2004

rsvp

so i'm going to houston this weekend for my friend's wedding where she will pop my bridesmaid cherry (her words). a week and a half ago, i had to fill out the little card that proclaims the number of people in your party. this is a total cliche and i know it and there's always such a big deal made about wedding dates, but when you don't have one and are obligated to stay for the post-activities, it'd be nice to have someone to dance with for those times when you are dragged out onto the floor. well it's beginning to look like my brother won't even make it to justify my +1 entry. that's right - i'm going dateless. which is fine, i suppose, except for the fact that i am the only unmarried girl in the lot of eight bridesmaids (except for the groom's little sister who is only 17).

now i'm not saying that i want to be married, because i sure as hell don't at this time in my life --i don't even want to be engaged-- but my entire weekend will be comprised of married twenty-somethings talking about being wives, how much money they were able to spend on their latest shopping trip against hubby's wishes and ogling attractive singles (no really -this is what happened at the bachelorette party- plus the alcohol poisoning that is). now attending the wedding alone doesn't really bother me - it's the prospect of the 4-5 hours of recepting and drunk formal bowling surrounded by married couples who i don't really know (even though their goal is to hook me up with someone so i can join the ranks) that leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. really - the bride tried to set me up with this guy once upon a time based solely on the fact that he's a photographer (like me) and then she forgot that i didn't like him and tried to set me up again with him only weeks ago. and we won't even get into the 40-year-old who it was arranged for me to sit next to at the superbowl party. sigh. at least the beer's free.

1 Comments:

At 8:39 PM , Blogger Blogger said...

you might be going dateless, but you will still look fabulous in that dress.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home