Jun 9, 2005

my "special purpose"

this weekend is my family reunion. mormons, baptists, agnostics and methodists will unite under one roof to reconnect with each other (my bro's girlfriend will account for the one token catholic). there will be homosexuals, bastards, high-school drop-outs, vegans, oil men, and more than one photographer (three, thanks for asking). the prodigal sons will return (my estranged cousins, seen only by immediate family since grandpa's funeral in '96) and i will share a bed with my uncle's illegitimate child who noone has ever met (he just found out about her last year - she's 14). on the menu? barbeque of course, we are fucking texans. i'm sure there will be some weird tofu or wheat germ thing and plenty of breads and cookies made with vegan margarine and egg-replacer. there will even be a white elephant gift exchange. woo. (i'm bringing an "i had a ball" testicle festival coozy - should go over well with my baptist aunt.) one family will bring back the abel family quilt made by the mormon wife to pass on to someone else in the family at every reunion. if any of you have ever passed out on my couch or rug with a certain maroon and navy colored flannel quilt (mina, allison, adrienne) it's made by the very same mormon. if anything exciting happens i'll let y'all know. pray for my safe and unconverted return.

in other news, a certain guy has recently made an appearance in my life. no details here, but i will say that he's someone i've known for a while now, whose company i enjoy immensely and always have, but a couple of weeks ago, there was a certain (seemingly unremarkable) moment when i realized that he'd actually been listening to me, and it kind of opened my eyes. we kissed the other night and it was good. i hope it happens again soon. we'll see if he picks up the ball and asks me out again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home