Aug 14, 2007

one step closer

i have an apartment. after an excruciating few days driving around santa cruz in a crappy chevy malibu rental and i would guess at least 100 phone calls and 40 emails to people, i was passed over on my favorite place in favor of a family friend and settled for the next best backyard cabin type place which cost $400 more. in case anyone is wondering what the going rate for a 300-square-foot cabin 3 blocks from the beach on the west side of santa cruz is, it's $1250 with bills included. hellooooooooo student loans. i knew when first i put my fingers to your paper, we'd be intimate.

it also turns out that i grossly overestimated how much of my stuff i'd be able to bring with me to cali. i thought i was doing pretty well, i thought i was a rational level-headed girl. i am moving into a place where my "closet" is a curved 4-foot-long pipe screwed to two walls at the foot of my bed (in a loft). overall, though, if i have any complaints i must address only myself, as i passed up several more spacious places in favor of ambience and perceived serenity. what can i say? i am a gambler.

this is at the end of my street...

1 Comments:

At 9:17 AM , Blogger CL said...

That's the end of your street? Holy moly, the $1250 and curved-bar closet might just be worth it...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home